Some suspected bandits had launched a murderous attack on the people of Sabon Birni area of Sokoto state on Tuesday.
Communities affected by the Tuesday attack include Sanke and Lugu and that so far (9) innocent civilians were killed in the attack.
Up to the time of filing this report estimate of number or those abducted in the attack is not made known as residents are still compiling figures.
The Federal lawmaker repressing Isa and Sabon Birni Hon. Muhammad Saidu Bargaja lamented that the security situation along Isa and Sabon Birni is becoming deteriorating.
He said during the Tuesday encounter, security agencies and local vigilante groups had tried their possible best to abort the attack but the number or the bandit criminals is becoming too high to be contained.
He said he has presented several motions on the prevailing security situation in Isa and Sabon Birni on the floor of the National Assembly, but nothing tangible is done.
He called on the federal government to come to the aid of Isa and Sabon Birni people; hence their suffering continue.