Zamfara State Commissioner for Security and Home Affairs Abubakar Dauran has accused the security agencies of poor response to distress notice whenever bandits intended to launch attacks in different parts of the state.
Dauran who raised the concern while speaking with Radio France International Hausa Service on Wednesday said, it was unfortunate that despite the fact that people reached out to security agencies especially the military whenever they received notice of attacks, the security operatives do not respond in time till after the bandits executed their bad mission.
He confirmed as true the recent attacks launched in some parts of Zurmi, Bungudu and Maradun and said things are falling apart concerning restoration of peace in Zamfara State.
“We used to receive intelligent information on the movement of the bandits especially whenever they were seen in their number, and we always put security operatives on red alert, but security agencies are not acting in time.
He said those launching fresh attacks in different parts of Zamfara are part of those bandits who pulls out of the state government peace deal and wondered why security agencies are reluctant in fighting them.
“The state government had already asked the security agencies to always go after those bandits who decided to go back to their old practices, but it is surprising the security agencies are so relaxed and allow things to be getting out of hand.
Dauran wondered why the 600 additional security operatives promised to be deployed to Zamfara are yet to arrived despite series of efforts made by the state Governor.
He called on President Muhammad Buhari to order for the release of these security operatives so that they can help add in to the security strength of the state.