16. Despite the enormous potentials of our State in solid minerals, we are still struggling with the challenge of adequately harnessing and transforming the sector. Apart from efforts to attract Foreign Direct Investment, plans have been concluded to formalise the activities of about 70,000 artisanal miners operating in the State.
17. My administration has finalised arrangements for improvement of the productive capacity of our farmers through the reintroduction of Zamfara Comprehensive Agricultural Revolution Programme (ZACAREP). Under the programme, the 17,000 farmers registered for the year 2020 are being allocated fertilisers, improved seeds and seedlings, and other agricultural implements as well as extension services.
18. My administration has also come up with a cotton development programme under which we dedicated 100,000 hectares for cotton cultivation to associations of cotton farmers, and 10,000 hectares to a private company that has agreed to invest in cotton production in the State. Similarly, arrangements are in the final stage to engage 35,000 cotton farmers under the CBN funded Anchor Borrower Programme.
19. In order to facilitate Foreign Direct Investment into the mining, agriculture as well as the hospitality and tourism industry, my administration has embarked upon the construction of a standard airport at the cost of N11.5 billion.
20. In our efforts to provide the much needed road networks across the State, we have awarded the contract for the construction of Yankuzo- Chediya-Bedi- Hayin Alhaji- Tsafe road. We have also begun the construction of Kwanar Magarya- Magarya- Zurmi- Jibia Road. Within Gusau metropolis, we have undertaken the construction of Garejin Mailaina- Gidan Mallaha- Zurmi- Jibia road. These are few among the road projects embarked upon by my administration.