2021 Budget Proposal
29. Mr Speaker, distinguished Honourable Members, the proposed 2021 budget is estimated at N145,438,751,000.00. The proposal is based on the projected recurrent and capital revenues of N77,151,251,000.00 and N68,287,500,000.00 for the year, respectively.
30. Out of N145,438,751,000.00 proposed estimate for the year 2021, the sum of N64,393,751,000.00 is earmarked for recurrent expenditure, while the sum of N81,045,000,000.00 is dedicated to capital expenditure.
Sectoral Allocation of Capital Expenditure
31. The sum of N81,045,000,000.00 allocated to the Capital Expenditure is distributed among the main sectors of our economy as follows:
i. Economic sector: This sector is very crucial to the general wellbeing of our people and the development of the State. As the economy is the primary and critical component of our life, we need vibrant economic policies to harness our abundant economic potentials, particularly agriculture and solid minerals. This is why my administration resolved to set up a State Economic Management Team. The Team is currently working hard to come up with a blueprint for the present and future economic development of the State. This economic sector will therefore receive special attention this year.
32. On the basis of this consideration, the sum of N32,017,000,000.00, representing 49.5% of the capital estimate, is budgeted to take care of our expenditure on economic empowerment through agriculture; public finance and fiscal management; private sector growth and development; Road and transport general; water resources; and housing and urban development.
ii. Social Sector: Under this sector, my administration will accord top priority to education, health, information, youth, women and children, environment, Local Government and community development. These are fundamental aspects that have direct impacts on the lives of our people and therefore deserved to receive serious attention. On this note, the sum of N19,102,000,000.00 is earmarked for the sector. This represents 23.6% of the total capital estimate.
iii. Law and Justice Sector: This sector will receive the sum of N1,655,000,000.00, representing 2.0% of the Capital estimate.
iv. Administration Sector: Administration is the machinery for the implementation of government policies and programmes. Despite its crucial roles to Government, the sector was neglected by the previous administration. It is annoying to note that 25 years of the creation of zamfara State, still the Government is battling with the problems of office and residential accommodation. So many MDAs are accommodated in rented houses. When we came on board, our available lodges and offices are not befitting and conducive accommodation for work.
33. Alhamdulillah, we have started making progress in that area. Our lodges and liaison offices in Abuja and Kaduna are fully reconstructed and upgraded. Our Government House is also renovated and upgraded, and new 18 executive chalets have been constructed in the Government House. Our newly renovated State House of Assembly is now a place of pride to all the citizens of Zamfara State. Our attention is now on the J. B. Yakubu Secretariat, the major Secretariat of the State. The renovation is now on-going. Specifically, the Multi-purpose Hall of the Secretariatis now wearing a new look which will make it an ultra-modern one for State, the nation and even for international conferences.
34. I want to assure you that before the end of my tenure, I will provide befitting enough, conducive offices for both civil and public servants of the State for effective implementation of public policies and programmes. For this year’s budget, the Administration Sector receives the sum of N28,271,000,000.00, representing 34.9% of the capital estimate.
35. The detailed breakdown of allocations to various sub-sectors will be presented by the Honourable Commissioner of Budget and Economic Planning during the press briefing with the media in due course.
36. Mr. Speaker, Honourable Members, I have the pleasure to present before this Honourable House the Appropriation Bill for the 2021 budget to the tune of N145,438,751,000.00 for your consideration and passage into law. The Bill is based on the projected recurrent and capital revenues of N77,151,251,000.00 and N68,287,500,000.00, respectively. The revenues are further breakdown into N64,393,751,000.00 and N81,045,000,000.00 as recurrent and capital expenditure, respectively.
37. Before I end this budget address, I would like to thank Mr. Speaker and the Honourable Members for the support and goodwill the administration is enjoying from the hallowed chamber. Let me particularly commend the Honourable Speaker for your exemplary leadership. As we present this budget which is aimed at further building the State and entrenching development, it is my expectation that you will expediently pass it into law.
38. To the people of Zamfara State, let me once again express my deepest appreciation for your continuing prayers, most especially in the area of security. Your prayers and goodwill is our driving force to successes we are achieving. I want you to remain steadfast in prayers.