By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Thunder BlowersThunder BlowersThunder Blowers
  • Home
  • Blog
  • News
    • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Tech
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO SPENT $1.2 MILLION FOR EVACUATION OF NIGERIANS FROM SUDAN
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Thunder BlowersThunder Blowers
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Blog
Search
  • Home
  • Blog
  • News
    • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Tech
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2024 Thunder Blowers. Designed Mr Wise Gfx. All Rights Reserved.
Thunder Blowers > Blog > Daily News > NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO SPENT $1.2 MILLION FOR EVACUATION OF NIGERIANS FROM SUDAN
Daily News

NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO SPENT $1.2 MILLION FOR EVACUATION OF NIGERIANS FROM SUDAN

Anon FX
Last updated: 2023/04/27 at 2:48 PM
Anon FX
Share
SHARE

The nigerian government has approved the release of $1.2 million for the immediate evacuation of Nigerians stranded in war-torn Sudan.

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama, made this known while addressing State House correspondents on the outcome of the Council’s meeting, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday in Abuja.

According to Onyeama, the amount will be spent on the hiring of luxury buses that will transport the stranded Nigerians from Khartoum, the Sudanese capital to Egypt, from where they will be airlifted to Nigeria.

Just to provide an update on what is happening in regard to the evacuation of Nigerians in Sudan. ”You recall that the main challenge we had was first of all, securing the authorization of the Sudanese Government and then security support for the convoy.

- Advertisement -

“$1.2 million is what we’re being charged for all the 40 buses. We have huge transporter luxury buses made available to us to transport our citizens to the Egyptian border.

”Of course, you know, because of the risks involved and so many other things, plenty of people are going to also take advantage.

We saw that the French convoy was attacked and so forth. It was difficult procuring these buses. But we had to do it because you know Nigerian lives matter to us.”

Also commenting on the matter, the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Zubairu Dada, disclosed that no Nigerian life had been lost in Sudan since the conflict broke out on April 15.

He said: “The evacuation is being done in batches to ensure the safety of all Nigerians. But the good news is that no Nigerian life has been lost so far.

”I think it’s important to stress that all Nigerians are very safe. And we’re very confident and hopeful that we shall not lose any Nigerian life Insha Allah in this exercise. All is well, and we’re good to go.”

Dada added that the government has also arranged for security support and transportation for the Nigerians to the Egyptian border.

He said the government was making every effort to evacuate as many Nigerians as possible during the 72-hour window provided by the Sudanese government.

On whether all Nigerians will be evacuated before the 72-hour window, Dada said: “We have no problem about the 72-hour window because we’ve talked to all the authorities concerned, and we’re on the same page.

”But talking about the window, we are making every effort to ensure that we make use of this window to evaluate as many Nigerians as we possibly can.”

He also disclosed that some Nigerians had already been evacuated by ship by the government of Saudi Arabia.

“Let me also add that some Nigerians have actually been evacuated by ship, I guess from Port Sudan, by the government of Saudi Arabia.

”Don’t forget, this is a joint effort. We have friendly nations that are ready to assist, you know, so that we have to record that the Saudi authorities have been able to pick up some Nigerians, they’re transporting them by ship, I guess to Saudi Arabia, to Jeddah in particular.

From where, of course, again, we will link up and find a way of bringing them back from Jeddah those that succeed in going to Jeddah,” he said.

On the outcome of the meeting, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mohammed Abubakar, revealed that the Council approved N6 billion for the construction of new corporate headquarters for the ministry.

According to him, the proposed headquarters will be a 10-storey building and will be named, Agriculture House.

”The memo we presented was for the construction of our corporate headquarters here in Abuja.

”Since the relocation of the ministry to Abuja over 30 years ago, we’ve not had a corporate headquarters.

 

You Might Also Like

ZAMFARA ARMED BANDITRY: SEN. MARAFA SENT A MESSAGE OF COMMISERATION.

35 BANDITS KILL BY RESIDENTS/SECURITY FORCES IN ZAMFARA

THE CONFUSING STORY OF MORIKI “PROTECTION LEVY”

ZAMFARA EMERGES SECOND BEST IN THE NATIONAL GIFTED EXAMINATION

ZMSG REDEPLOYS PERM SEC. WORKS & THREE OTHERS.

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Anon FX April 27, 2023 April 27, 2023
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article THREE POLICE ASP DISMISSES, ASSISTANT POLICE COMMISSIONER DEMOTED BY THE POLICE AUTHORITY.
Next Article PRESIDENT BUHARI REPLACES (53) UNITS ARMY REGIMENTAL COLOURS AND ISSUES (28) BRAND NEW ONES
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

248.1k Like
69.1k Follow
134k Pin
54.3k Follow
banner banner
Create an Amazing Newspaper
Discover thousands of options, easy to customize layouts, one-click to import demo and much more.
Learn More

Latest News

BEYOND THE LEGAL POWERS OF ZSHA TO SUSPEND THE TWO COUNCIL CHAIRMEN.
Daily News (Updates)
ONLY N50M WAS RELEASES TO MY LG. OUT OF FEDERAL ALLOCATION OF N582M.
Daily News (Updates)
ZAMFARA FMR. CPG COMMANDER RTD BRIG. BATURE DIES
Daily News (Updates)
FORMER ZAMFARA A.G. TAKORI RESIGNS FROM APC
Daily News (Updates)
//

Thunder Blowers Multi-Media Services is a consortium of news, media programming, and information management consultants aimed at integrating traditional media practices with digital information management in cyberspace.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Thunder BlowersThunder Blowers
Follow US
© 2024 Thunder Blowers. Designed Mr Wise Gfx. All Rights Reserved.
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?