By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Thunder BlowersThunder BlowersThunder Blowers
  • Home
  • Blog
  • News
    • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Tech
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: ELAPSE OF ULTIMATUM FOR RANSOM, ZAMFARA RESIDENTS DESERT THEIR COMMUNITIES, POLICE MOBILIZE OPERATIVES FOR PROTECTION
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Thunder BlowersThunder Blowers
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Blog
Search
  • Home
  • Blog
  • News
    • Daily News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Tech
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2024 Thunder Blowers. Designed Mr Wise Gfx. All Rights Reserved.
Thunder Blowers > Blog > News > Daily News (Updates) > ELAPSE OF ULTIMATUM FOR RANSOM, ZAMFARA RESIDENTS DESERT THEIR COMMUNITIES, POLICE MOBILIZE OPERATIVES FOR PROTECTION
Daily News (Updates)

ELAPSE OF ULTIMATUM FOR RANSOM, ZAMFARA RESIDENTS DESERT THEIR COMMUNITIES, POLICE MOBILIZE OPERATIVES FOR PROTECTION

Thunder Blowers
Last updated: 2020/08/18 at 6:50 PM
Thunder Blowers
Share
SHARE

Almost  three days after the elapse of the ultimatum issued to the people of Jangeme by some suspected bandits, the entire town has been reportedly deserted.

According to one of the residents of the area, the people of Jangeme town have decided to desert their homes due to the fear of the threat by the bandits after failing to fulfil their pledge of payment of N7 million naira ransom for the seven abductees that run away from captivity.

It could be recall that, the threat by the bandits came when seven people that were kidnapped at the village escaped from captivity of the bandits.

When the bandits realised that the kidnapped victims had returned back home without negotiation or  payment of any ransom,they sent a threat to the to the community instructing them to either pay seven million naira or face their anger.
The negotiations for the seven million naira was reached when the community bargain for lower option of seven million naira as against seventy million naira earlier proposed by the bandits.

As at last week Friday, the dateline for the payment has elapsed and the people of Jangeme community could not raised the seven million naira and therefore left with no option than to flee for their safety.


Speaking with news men a member of the community Malam Bashari Jangeme disclosed that most of the villagers have deserted the village for fear of the unknown.
.

“Those who could not relocate to a safer place resulted to sleeping in the bush and return to their houses in the morning”,he lamented.


According to him,many of the villagers  have decided to move out of the village because they know that the bandits will come and attack  them any time as they cannot pay the money demanded by the bandits.


One of the victims who was lucky to have escaped Mallam Aminu lamented that the  bandits had given last Saturday as the final day of the payment of the ransom otherwise they will kill them


But Zamfara State Police Command through its Spoke person SP Shehu Muhammad said the command has not officially received the report of the development in Jangeme but insisted that, the State Police Commissioner has already instructed for the deployment of armed policemen to ensure surveillance of Jangeme area and its environs.


SP Shehu said so far, effort is being made to ensure that, people who fled their community are returned back home and continue with their normal activities.

You Might Also Like

BEYOND THE LEGAL POWERS OF ZSHA TO SUSPEND THE TWO COUNCIL CHAIRMEN.

ONLY N50M WAS RELEASES TO MY LG. OUT OF FEDERAL ALLOCATION OF N582M.

ZAMFARA FMR. CPG COMMANDER RTD BRIG. BATURE DIES

FORMER ZAMFARA A.G. TAKORI RESIGNS FROM APC

WE ARE NOT FOLLOWING SEN. YARI BLINDLY

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Thunder Blowers August 18, 2020 August 18, 2020
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article 3 HOUSE WIVES, BABIES ABDUCTED IN ANKA FEW HOURS AFTER FOUR CHILDREN AND AIDS OF ZAMFARA FMR. COMMISSIONER WERE KIDNAPPED IN BAKURA.
Next Article ZAMFARA HEAD OFFICE OF NSCDC YET TO SPEAK ON ITS ABDUCTED STAFF
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

248.1k Like
69.1k Follow
134k Pin
54.3k Follow
banner banner
Create an Amazing Newspaper
Discover thousands of options, easy to customize layouts, one-click to import demo and much more.
Learn More

Latest News

BEYOND THE LEGAL POWERS OF ZSHA TO SUSPEND THE TWO COUNCIL CHAIRMEN.
Daily News (Updates)
ONLY N50M WAS RELEASES TO MY LG. OUT OF FEDERAL ALLOCATION OF N582M.
Daily News (Updates)
ZAMFARA FMR. CPG COMMANDER RTD BRIG. BATURE DIES
Daily News (Updates)
FORMER ZAMFARA A.G. TAKORI RESIGNS FROM APC
Daily News (Updates)
//

Thunder Blowers Multi-Media Services is a consortium of news, media programming, and information management consultants aimed at integrating traditional media practices with digital information management in cyberspace.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Thunder BlowersThunder Blowers
Follow US
© 2024 Thunder Blowers. Designed Mr Wise Gfx. All Rights Reserved.
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?